Thursday, April 7, 2011

Back in learning mode!

I officially finished my first poker book  KILL EVERYONE - Advanced NLHE Strategy.  It was purchased on January 28th and has taken me 10 weeks to complete.  It reminded me of my old mathematics courses and the procrastination I was not so proud of.  Essentially, I could cram for mid terms and finals through every subject but math.  I always disliked that I couldn't cram at the last minute and pass with flying colors.  You have to eat this book like a tough steak.  Cut it up into small pieces and digest it.  Repeat.

It's one of those things that you can't rush and it makes me feel much like a scientist.  Trying out theories, discussing strategies, and implementing your own added style.  Yea, my brain sometimes hurt too.

So now I'm on to the next book.  Mike Caro's THE THEORY OF POKER

I'll continue to sharpen the tools before I jump back on to the tables.  I'm feeling good about understanding the why and not just the how.

-Alex EagleR

No comments:

Post a Comment